Welcome to our Bible study blog! If you have any questions that can't be answered in the tabs across the top or the information found in the right-hand column, please email us at womanintheword@gmail.com.

H.O.P.E. Bags Helping Other People Everyday Outreach

H.O.P.E. Bags

Helping Other People Everyday

One of this year’s newest members to the Women in the Word Community Bible Study, Kacey Angel-Lee, has founded an outreach program for local homeless people by supplying bags of essential items to cover some daily needs.   

Small group leaders:
Collected items are due on March 12
There will be a volunteer sign up sheet in the main lobby at our check in desk.

Here is a list of the top items Kacey needs.:

Small hand towels
Personal wipes (small packages like Cottonelle purse packs)
Granola or cereal bars
Bug repellant
Antibacterial Ointment (individual packets of Neosporin)
Band aids (any size boxes will be split up)
$5.00 gift cards to Burger King or McDonalds



Here is Kacey's testimony along with a note about her outreach:




First, I just want to thank everyone who is supporting this calling. It means a lot to me. I truly appreciate everyone who has already made monetary donations and I look forward to working with the others who want to help putting these bags together. I call the bags H.O.P.E. bags which stands for Helping Other People Everyday which I thought was original however, as I search the web I see it is a pretty common acronym.

 I am listing the items that will be included in these bags to be given to the homeless. If you would like to donate or participate in any way it would be appreciated greatly.

The items below I have zero inventory.

-Small hand towels
-Personal wipes (small amount packages, like Cottonelle purse packs)
-Granola bars or cereal bars
-Bug repellant
-Antibacterial ointment (Neosporin, individual size ones if possible)
-Bandaids (any size boxes, I will distribute evenly throughout the bags)

I have limited inventory of the following items and I welcome more:

-$5.00 fast food gift cards (preferably Burger King or McDonalds, the most common fast food restaurants) Please no gift cards to places that sell alcohol or tobacco products.
-Small umbrellas
-Travel size items (shampoo, soap, deodorant)
-Bottled water
-Ziploc bags (snack size and quart size)
-Toilet paper
-Toothbrushes and toothpaste (no mouthwash please)
-Chapstick
-Monetary donations are always welcomed.

I also plan on adding a verse from the Bible if anyone has any ideas for an appropriate one I am still searching. I will also add a list of local shelters. Again, I thank you all and God Bless.

Sincerely,
Kacey Angel-Lee
727-410-6359