Welcome to our Bible study blog!
NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED.
Copyright belongs to the artist and their music producers.


Thoughts to Encourage

When I opened my email Wednesday evening, one of the servant leaders had sent me the definition of "perturbed" which read as follows: to disturb or disquiet greatly in mind; agitate. What a perfect description of my mindset from the weekend! I have to be honest, the temptation to return to that perturbed mindset remained with me through the week. I had to literally fight against it and only through Christ was I able to respond to a very similar situation this Friday in an entirely different way!! God is good and so faithful. It certainly wasn't that I had no desire in my flesh to be perturbed, but I chose differently through His Spirit. May we be women who choose Christ.....a mindset fixed on things above. Spend time with God each day this week, in His Word and Presence. Oh what truths you will find and the Truth will set you free!!
In His Love, Joanne

I want to share some encouragement from LouAnn, one of our Women on the Wall:

Good afternoon, Ladies,
It was good to back in the midst of all the wonderful ladies who attend WIW. What a blessing you are to me.
Joanne's message resounded with so many of us. As I sat in the back and watched the body language, saw the nods and smiles and heard the comments of the girls on each side of me, I think many of us could relate to what Joanne was talking about. It was good to be reminded of that one sentence in our study "I am content with what I know. I am not perturbed by what I don't know." What "if only" perturbs you? Are you like me and sometimes find yourself picking up the past and bringing it to now? If you are, it was good to be reminded that when we do that we lose sight of the faithfulness of God. Only God knows our "what ifs and if onlys" and that is enough for me. I trust Him with my life.
Joanne reminded us to remain in God's word, not just on Wednesday; not just on Sunday; but everyday. The word of God daily vaccinates us against the "what if and if only" disease. Stop being perturbed about what you don't know, but trust your heavenly father with what He does know.
See you all next week and may God bless your time with him this week.
Love and prayers,
Lou Ann