Welcome to our Bible study blog!
NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED.
Copyright belongs to the artist and their music producers.


A Thought to Consider 10-26-10

I returned on Monday from a cruise that I took with some of my girlfriends. A "cruise for chics" to be exact. We left Thursday evening and enjoyed time with each other, meeting new friends, laughing, relaxing and eating(more than I care to discuss). It was a much needed time of rest for me personally, but I found myself by Sunday anxious to be home. I missed my family and the comfort of what is most dear to me.
As I spent time with the Lord yesterday I sensed His Spirit asking me if I long for Him like that? Am I so comfortable and enjoy this life so much that I don't look forward with anxious anticipation for my heavenly home? I should be "homesick" for heaven. After all, this place is not our home. O Lord, forgive me for setting my eyes on what is earthly and temporary, finding value and placing priority on the things of this world. Thank you Jesus for your Word that says, "Do not store up for yourselves treasure on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6: 19-21
Help me Holy Spirit to set my heart on things above and to be obedient to this command. For He tells us in Revelation 22:20, "Yes, I am coming soon." May my heart be filled with an honest yearning and may I respond like John, "Come, Lord Jesus."
Looking forward to His Coming, Joanne