Welcome to our Bible study blog!
NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED.
Copyright belongs to the artist and their music producers.


A Thought to Consider 10-18-10

As I prepare for this week's lesson on Hebrews 6, my mind is still full and constantly considering the truth of Hebrews 5:8 "Although he was a son, he learned obedience from what he suffered,"
I keep asking myself.....If Christ learned obedience through his suffering, how much more can I learn obedience through my suffering?
The Holy Spirit completely opened my perspective of "suffering" over the past couple of weeks. I always associated suffering with pain, crisis, tragedy, something big and it is all of those things. But I believe that God showed me that simply in my human sin nature, I suffer everyday. I need to stop waiting for the BIG crisis and realize that He is giving me opportunity everyday to learn obedience. If I learn how to embrace those "daily sufferings," how much more I would resemble Jesus! Life isn't easy. Suffering is hard. But I rejoice in the fact that I have a great high priest, Jesus the Son of God, who has gone through the heavens and sits upon His Throne of Grace. An ever-present help in time of need. A great high priest that is able to sympathize with my every weakness. THEREFORE, I will cling tenaciously to the faith I profess and I will purpose to learn obedience in all my suffering.
So Grateful to Be His, Joanne