Welcome to our Bible study blog!
NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED.
Copyright belongs to the artist and their music producers.


A Thought to Consider....9-27-10

As I begin this week I can't help but be humbled and amazed by my omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, eternal and immutable God!!
As Sunday arrived, I found myself physically exhausted. The previous week had been full, my husband had been out of town for 8 days, and it was all catching up with me. How aware I was of my weak and weary human body.
I set out Sunday evening for High School Discipleship at 630pm not sure if I could lead a small group discussion. My brain was too tired and I just couldn't focus. I should have been praying, but I didn't even know what to pray. Ever feel like that? As I walked into the leader meeting, thinking we were on time, we were actually 15 minutes late. UGH.....the lies started.....you should have stayed home.....this is going to be a great night. As we broke into groups to pray for the kids that night, the three women in my group just looked at me and immediately asked if I was okay. I briefly shared that I was exhausted and I know this isn't about me and I'm not complaining and I will be okay:) We closed our eyes to pray and I was immediately lifted up before God. I could feel the Holy Spirit ministering to my Spirit and heart as I was prayed for. My body was delivered from that "exhausted" feeling and God was carrying me through the night.
Once in small group He continued to reveal Himself to me and I was overcome with gratitude and awesome wonder as the Junior Girls and I read Isaiah 40:28 "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth, He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary, and increases the power of the weak." He was speaking directly to me......Joanne, don't you know? Don't you remember what you have heard about me?
If you find yourself weary, exhausted and at the end of your rope......listen for your God is asking, "Don't you know? Remember what I have told you. I am Lord, Creator of all things, I reign over heaven and earth and I will carry you and be your strength. My eyes are always on you. I never sleep or grow tired."
You know He is God......now let Him be God!!
Love, Joanne