Welcome to our Bible study blog! If you have any questions that can't be answered in the tabs across the top or the information found in the right-hand column, please email us at womanintheword@gmail.com.

A Thought to Consider....

As I have been studying the first chapter of Hebrews, I have been convicted by the first two verses. You know how I love verbs......as I read there was a simple truth....."God spoke" and "God has spoken." God speaks to us today. Am I really listening? By nature, I am not the best listener. My mind is busy, I am a multi-tasker and I find myself half-listening many times. It makes me ask myself, "Am I listening to God like that...half-way?" We spend much of our day hearing, but are we really listening? There is a difference between listening and really hearing.
Many times in the Gospels Jesus cried out, "He who has ears, let him hear." (Matt 11:15, 13:9, 43)
This statement suggests that it takes more than physical ears to hear the voice of God. Our human ears hear many sounds, but there is a deeper kind of listening that results in spiritual understanding. May we seek God's will and search His Word listening for what He has for each of us and may our hearts be receptive and transformed by His message. May we stop and listen completely, not half-way or when it is convenient.
I am praying for you today. Be encouraged as you study WHO CHRIST IS!
Love, Joanne