Welcome to our Bible study blog! If you have any questions that can't be answered in the tabs across the top or the information found in the right-hand column, please email us at womanintheword@gmail.com.

Retreat Recap - A Message from Joanne

Good Morning Sisters!!!!

I find myself home this Monday morning so filled with the Lord that I am overflowing!! I am overwhelmed by what the Lord accomplished this weekend. I find myself just singing out to Him no matter what I am doing, raising my hands in praise and thanksgiving. The words, "And I give all myself to You." just keep resonating in my heart.

As I sit at my computer, I am so touched at the love and care of our Lord. His Presence in each of us. My eyes just fill with tears as I picture each of your faces as we met together. He truly went before us and prepared our hearts for His plans, His purposes, His Will, His HOPE!

From the moment I stepped my foot on those grounds I knew God was there and the Hope I have is that He is with me until the end of the age......with us always!! Take heart for He has overcome the world. That is the God that lives IN you. Never to leave you or forsake you, but to sustain you always for He is the God of Hope.

I want to share a devotion I read this morning. Read it as though it is Jesus speaking to you(my additions are in parenthesis).....

"Cry unto Me, and I will hear you and bless you. Use My unlimited stores (of hope) for your needs and those of others. Seek My wonderful truths and you shall find. There may come times when you sit in silence, when it seems as if you were left alone. Then, I command you to remember I have spoken to you, as I spoke at Emmaus (Retreat).......At the moment you are pilgrims and need only your daily marching orders, and strength and guidance for the day."
(God Calling by A. J. Russell)

Trust His Word Ladies, lean on it heavily, helpless and dependent, but NEVER hopeless!!

I don't know what each of you returned home to. Maybe your soul was knocked right over and some of that hope spilled out. Maybe your soul was turned upside down and emptied.....now close your eyes and remember the visual when Tami kept knocking over the glass and spilling water out and filling it back up, spilling water out and filling it back up and not just to the top, but to overflowing!! That is how God intends for you to live regardless of the circumstance.

My prayer for you is Romans 15:13......"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Amen (So Be it!). Live today Hopefully Ever After!!


In His Love and Hope,
Joanne