Welcome to our Bible study blog! If you have any questions that can't be answered in the tabs across the top or the information found in the right-hand column, please email us at womanintheword@gmail.com.

Living Beyond the Lesson - GENTLENESS

How many times have we heard the words "meek" or "gentle" and pictured one that is weak, stepped on easily by others, or one that just has no backbone to stand up for themselves....a doormat?

What a different picture was painted this week as we studied meekness and gentleness through the eyes of the Lord. These terms were defined as the power and strength created from submitting to God's will. Not just submitting verbally, but humbly submitting as we live through the power of His Spirit. To pray, as Beth described her own prayer, "Lord, permeate into every broken place that is still "wigging" me out." To bow down willfully and trust the Lord of the universe with EVERYTHING!!

I seem to bow down and choose what I give to God or the area that I allow Him into as my circumstances dictate. I keep some of myself closed off and don't allow Him access. Why?? What am I afraid of? Believe me, I can't shock Him or make Him love me less. I can't be whole until I wholly submit myself to God.

As I watched Beth wrap her stuffed animal so carefully in gauze, I can picture the Lord wrapping me up, enveloping me as I open those closed off areas to Him. Taking the time, sacrificing personal time to sit still with Him and allow Him to mend me.

I can hear Him, "Slow down child......give me your time.....at this pace you will not be whole. Stop. Spend time with Me."

Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Joanne
xoxo