Welcome to our Bible study blog! If you have any questions that can't be answered in the tabs across the top or the information found in the right-hand column, please email us at womanintheword@gmail.com.

Living Beyond the Lesson - Kindness & Goodness

Day 2 of this week resonated in my heart and brought forth such feelings of gratitude and love for my Heavenly Father.

One of the greatest lessons I have learned from God and spending time with Him, is that He desires to be so much more than Lord. He should reign in our lives, He should be the authority in our lives, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Name above all names and the list could go on and on.... But one role He desperately wants to fill is that of Father. Not a high, lofty father, but the kind that laughs, plays, enjoys time with His daughter, and isn't afraid to get involved in EVERYTHING!! The kind of Daddy that loves you to pieces, adores everything about you, and sees you as a treasure. After all, as the words to Beloved's song convey, YOU are His favorite thing!!

I will repeat the questions that Beth Moore asked us in our homework, "Oh, Beloved, do you know God as parent? Do you allow Him to nurture you? Do you take Him your tears and your fretting and allow Him to hold you in His arms and cover you with His love?"

If your answer is "yes" then keep on enjoying your Daddy, learning more about Him and allowing the intimacy between you to deepen day by day, moment by moment. If your answer is "no" or "you are not sure," then I challenge you to begin this type of relationship with Him.

Spend time with Him, seek His face, be HONEST with Him, and most of all accept the fact that He loves you more than your human mind and heart can comprehend. There is NOTHING that you can do to make Him love you less!! Don't be afraid, He is the one Daddy that will never let you down and whether you realize it or not, you need Him and this type of parent/child relationship with Him more than you know. There is nothing sweeter than sitting in the arms of my Heavenly Father, knowing that He understands and I don't need to explain it all in detail.

So many times, I close my eyes and lift my face toward Heaven and feel Him take my face in His gentle hands. Oh, Beloved, He sings over us and there are so many times that I don't want to leave that place!!

Many of you know my story about my earthly father and the pain that came when I sat out the father-daughter dance. BUT GOD, in His grace, compassion mercy and love, has shown me that I will never sit out another father-daughter dance with Him!! My reply......"Abba Father, I love you Daddy with my whole heart!!!"

Grateful to be loved by the Father,
Joanne