Welcome to our Bible study blog!
NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED.
Copyright belongs to the artist and their music producers.


Living Beyond the Lesson - FAITHFULNESS

For those of you who knew Sharon, she was a walking, living example of faith, not just any old faith, but child-like faith. The kind of faith that God calls all of us to demonstrate in our responses to life.

Over the past ten years, I have come to accept and embrace God's believability through prayer. Oh, the power of prayer!!! So many of us don't ask for prayer because we think it shows that we are weak, that we have more problems than some one else, that our struggle isn't big enough for prayer........

LIES, all of them!!

My reliance on prayer and use of prayer in my daily life has actually deepened my relationship with God. It has humbled me, given me an eternal perspective and has helped me to realize and admit my dependence on Him.

One of my favorites from Beth Moore this week was when she said, "Beloved, I am convinced that faith sometimes means knowing God can, whether or not He does.....If He chooses not to, He has a greater glory in mind. Never let the enemy convince you that God is not able to do anything He pleases!....Nothing is impossible for our God!" If that is our mindset as we go into prayer, what victory, what faith!! We pray so many times in a routine, with no passion, faithless and defeated. Paul tells us in 2Corinthians 10:5 that we are to take every thought captive to make it obedient to Christ.

Are you praying with faith? Are you praying at all? Are you so stuck in pride that you don't share your requests with anyone else? One of the greatest privileges we have as Christians is lifting each other up to the Lord in prayer. It is one of the most powerful tools we have in Christ.

In Ephesians 3:14-21, Paul is praying for the Ephesians. He prays that they are strengthened through the Holy Spirit, that Christ may dwell in their hearts through Christ, that they be established and rooted in love and have power together to understand the depth of God's love.

That is me prayer for each of you. He is worthy to be trusted. He is worthy to be believed. Are you willing to step out in faith and "not be anxious about anything, but by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God?"

Do it!!
I dare you!!
Oh, how God will work!!

Joanne