Welcome to our Bible study blog! If you have any questions that can't be answered in the tabs across the top or the information found in the right-hand column, please email us at womanintheword@gmail.com.

Living Beyond the Lesson - Week Two

Life in the Spirit demands a DAILY pouring out, a DAILY pouring in, and a DAILY pouring forth. As I read those words, I know many of you are thinking there is no way I have time for that. I'll start that later....... Let me encourage you that none of us can afford to wait!

One thing I was convicted of this week was that I do not spend enough time confessing with my mouth. When I do, my confessions are vague. God demands that they are specific, that the sorrow we feel over our sin is Godly sorrow that leads to repentance, a true turning from our sin.

This time of pouring out isn't simply "lip service" but is a time of purification, being made righteous before God and joyfully realizing that I am forgiven. After emptying ourselves of that "junk," the next work is all Holy Spirit. All we have to do is ask Him to fill us to overflowing. One of my favorite verses is Romans
15:13, "May the God of hope fill you with all the joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

When I empty myself and allow Him to fill me, that is the promise. We just need to claim it! That is where the pouring forth comes in. It will actually be quite natural when you are filled, yielded to and empowered by the Holy Spirit. Ladies, we have to simply let God be God!

Just think each of you is called to be His.....God doesn't call the equipped; He equips the called! Walk in that truth today!

Love ya,
Joanne