Welcome to our Bible study blog!
NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED.
Copyright belongs to the artist and their music producers.


Living Beyond the Lesson - Week Three

What comfort and freedom in the truth that God has an agenda and will for our lives. If we could just know what it was every step of the way!!

So many times, I can look back and see where God worked, where the Holy Spirit beautifully and perfectly pieced together a situation. We have all heard the common saying, "Hind-site is 20/20." Well, I don't want my Holy Spirit experience to be one of always looking back to see Him.

I want what Beth shared we can have in her video.....a heightened perception, a heightened discernment and a heightened insight.....and I can have that now! I want to be compelled by the Holy Spirit.

This world is a gray place. Black and white are not always evident. BUT GOD!!! His Spirit allows each of us to know things we wouldn't. He empowers us to distinguish good from evil. Like Beth shared, I do get "flagged" by the Holy Spirit. The question is what do I do with that? Do I doubt what I am hearing? Do I hesitate with fear? Do I wait or ask for a more obvious sign? All these responses, whether we want to hear it or not, are disobedient rebellion to our Lord and His leading. I want to respond, "Yes, Lord!"

But how can we be sure it is Him? We have to stay close to Him through a consistent and "meaty" diet of His Word, through prayer, and a daily filling of His Spirit. Ezekial 36:27 says, "And I (God) will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws." I love that word MOVE.....He will move us to obedience. Just think about that, praise Him for that.

O Lord, move me!